AI technology has been growing recently, to the point of being able to understand instructions you give it when generating content. In that sense, OpenAI through its Curie and Davinci models, you can direct the content you expect to receive from the AI by giving it precise instructions. This functionality is known as Boss mode among the main writing assistants available in the market.
How to use boss mode in AI Content Labs? #
To use the boss mode in our application, you must have previously configured your OpenAI API key in our system.
Then, in our document editor, enter an instruction for the AI to generate the content, for example:
Write a poem for Mother’s Day
Immediately, press Control + Enter (Command + Enter) and the AI will start generating content according to the given instruction:
Happy mother’s day,
You have been a rock in our lives,
We could never imagine life without you.
Thank you for always being there for us,
For being patient and loving.
Tips for getting the most out of Boss Mode #
Based on our testing, the OpenAI Davinci model can follow any type of instruction you give it; however, we suggest you keep the following in mind when giving it directions:
- Be specific. The more specific the instruction, the better the AI will understand the result you are trying to achieve.
- Be clear. When instructing the AI, avoid using ambiguous words or words that may have multiple meanings.
- You can provide multiple instructions. You can reduce the use of tokens by providing several instructions in a single request; likewise, you can also play with the number of outputs when you want to evaluate various options.
- Adjust the temperature. By adjusting the temperature, you will have more control over what the AI generates; for example, for instructions related to marketing tasks, you can increase the temperature to make the AI more creative, and for instructions where factual responses are required, use lower temperature values.
Instruction ideas: #
As stated above, you can provide any type of prompt to the AI according to your needs. In case you require help, here are some prompting ideas you can use.
- Write an outline that covers the main points of an article on %Topic%.
- Write five creative titles for a blog article on %Topic%.
- %Enter a text before the instruction%. Summarize the text above into a list of 5 main points.
- Write a blog introduction that captures readers’ attention about %Topic% and includes the following keywords: %Keywords%.
- %Enter a text before the instruction%. Rewrite the text above and rewrite it in the first person.
- Write a blog conclusion about the %Topic% and thanking the reader for the attention.
- Write a list of the 5 most frequently asked questions about %Topic%.
- Write a paragraph that elaborates and explains in detail about %Topic%.